Wednesday, May 28, 2008

July 8, 1528


Dear Diary,
My brother went out to explore an island we just landed on, I’m writing because, Giovanni Da Verrazzano, my brother, was just killed and put over a flame to be devoured. I watched in horror as him and his men were slaughtered by the Carib Indians; they had no hope of survival as they were jumped.
I do not know what I am going to tell Francois I of France about finding a route to Asia. We got lucky enough by sparking his interest in capturing 2 of Hornan Cortes’s ships. For now the plan in terms of where to go, is that we plan on voyaging south on the coast a bit more and look for a pathway to Asia for France.This will be our last voyage and we shall sail in name of Giovanni Da Verrazzano, to claim what should be his and attempt to gain fame from this trip as well as riches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home